Setting up Tint2
You can set up Tint2 panel in Ubuntu by operating the command specified underneath:
You can install Tint2 in other Linux distributions from the deal supervisor. Additional installation choices and further more recommendations are available right here.
Auto-Starting Tint2 on Each and every Login
You can run tint2 panel by operating the command below:
If you are launching Tint2 for the initially time, it must surface on your desktop as a base panel.
To make it surface everytime you reboot or log into a fresh session, you have to insert the command to the “auto-start” software delivered by default in your Linux distribution. To do so, search for the time period “startup” in the application launcher and operate the appropriate startup software supervisor accessible in your Linux distribution. The screenshot down below illustrates introducing Tint2 to startup applications in Xubuntu 21.04 (Xfce4 desktop atmosphere). Just make confident that in the command field, you etner “tint2” as command (with out quotes).
If you are applying a Linux distribution that doesn’t ship with any startup manager, you can use the directions out there from the formal Tint2 wiki to make Tint2 show up on every single contemporary session.
Working Tint2 Graphical Configuration Utility
You can established up the Tint2 panel working with a graphical configuration utility transported with it. You can also use it to import existing configurations, import new themes and customize current themes. To launch it, simply click on the leftmost icon on the Tint2 panel.
Tint2 also comes with a focused software launcher for the graphical configuration utility. You can research for the term “Tint2 Settings” in the application launcher and launch it from there. At the time launched, you ought to see an application window very similar to this:
Managing Default and Custom made Topic Configuration Utility
All panel configuration is performed through enhancing both the default topic, other topic presets or importing your individual theme. This way you can retail outlet many Tint2 panel configurations and layouts and switch themes as necessary. To customise a theme, pick a concept and click on on the “cog” icon. The initially topic “tint2rc” with path “~/.config/tint2/tint2rc” is the default theme. You can also double click on on a theme to launch the configuration window.
It is a good plan to make a copy of the default theme by utilizing the “Save as” selection, as revealed in the screenshot beneath. You can personalize the freshly copied concept and preserve the default one particular intact.
Alternatively, you can reset the default topic and other presets by clicking on the “Reset” menu entry (as revealed in the screenshot down below).
Customizing Concept Configuration
After subsequent the previously mentioned measures, you need to see a graphical concept configuration utility called “Properties”:
You can now switch amongst tabs to customize each individual component of the panel. Right here is a transient description for each individual tab:
- Gradients: Will allow you to use gradients and color outcomes on the panel qualifications.
- Backgrounds: Makes it possible for you to make and manage qualifications homes for many panel elements. For example you can modify colour, border, rounded corners radius and so on for tooltips.
- Panel: Allows you to improve panel position, length, peak, track record color, vehicle-cover behavior and so on.
- Panel Products: Allows you to insert a process tray and numerous other applets and indicators offered in Tint2 or in your desktop natural environment. You can also re-purchase them.
- Taskbar: Makes it possible for you to take care of attributes of the process-applet, where a clickable button is shown for each open up application window, both minimized or seen on the desktop.
- Task Buttons: Lets you to transform the look and come to feel of activity-buttons (aspect of the taskbar). You can also established several mouse gatherings behavior for these activity-buttons.
- Launcher: Will allow you to insert new pinnable application launchers or favorite programs on the panel. You can also adjust the search and experience of these pinned launchers.
- Clock: Enables you to change the day and time structure, mouse situations and look and sense of the clock applet incorporated by default in the tint2 panel.
- Program Tray: Allows you to alter the search and really feel of the method tray and its elements.
- Battery: Allows you to modify the configuration and physical appearance of the battery applet bundled in the Tint2 panel.
- Tooltip: Lets you to configure tooltip delay and physical appearance of the labels.
As soon as you are finished with customizing the panel, click on on the “Apply” button to help save your alterations.
Manually Editing the Config File in a Textual content Editor
Alternatively of applying graphical utility, you can also manually edit config documents to personalize the panel. The default configuration file is positioned at “~/.config/tint2/tint2rc” path. You can read the formal configuration guide to know much more about syntax, configuration variables and how to apply them.
In situation you want to use a tailor made config file, just change the command in the startup application manager and source the total route to the configuration file as an argument.
$ tint2 -c “full/route/to/customized/config/file”
Modify the price immediately after the “-c” change as essential.
Tint2 is a highly configurable panel software that can be applied as a dock as very well. It arrives with hundreds of solutions and you can tune it to any style. 3rd party themes and config documents are also obtainable and you can also share your personal customizations. I have tested it on GNOME Shell, MATE desktop, and Xfce4 and it works splendidly on all of them without the need of any concerns